With telecommunications advancement in the Kingdom of Lesotho an opportunity for its citizenry to access information real time through digital technology presents itself. Journalism needs to adapt quickly, as this kind of transformation requires news men and women to realign their strategy on audience engagement. It is for this reason the MNN Centre for Investigative Journalism sees an opportunity for creation of a disruptive innovation that shall bridge the gaps by offering: fast, credible and user friendly content to user’s comfort spaces, their mobile phones.
Who we are: Lesotho based startup setup to support Investigative Journalism. We experiment innovative digital media technology like combining social media content with news reporting. We target people aged 15 – 35 years in both urban and rural communities.
Our vision: To be a highly sustainable, profitable, technology and innovation driven digital media company delivering content curated for millennials and rural communities.
- To uphold democracy through accurate, impartial and independent news reporting with a national reach and influence.
- To use technology and innovation to report news and impact a wider audience
- To promote inclusiveness in decision making.
- To promote both rural and urban youth participation in decision making.
- To create a new revenue streams.
- To change the way digital news are consumed